BS-6V - Portable Swivel Head Metal Cutting Band Saw
Mitre Cuts Up To 60º, Accepts 19mm Wide Blades, Compact Design & Only 38kg
170 x 170mm (W x H) Rectangle Capacity
The BS-6V swivel head metal cutting band saw is the bigger brother from the BS-5V family and only 38kg it is still easily portable onto job sites. It is very suitable for the home model engineer where space may be tight but an accurate machine is required. Constructed mainly from cast alloy and steel, it has a very rigid bow that enables a high degree of tension to be applied to the blade and accepts a 19mm wide blade for durable & accurate cutting. The whole bow and motor assembly can be swivelled from 0° to 60° to create accurate mitre cuts.
The blade is firmly guided by double ball bearing and is driven via the direct drive motor fitted with variable speed, so the blade speed can be adjusted to suit the task in hand. The conveniently located hand trigger switch on the bow and a spring system supports the weight of the bow during operation. This is a compact and very well made machine and it can be relied on to deliver an accurate cut every time.
- Compact & portable design for the smaller workshop where space is at a premium
- 19mm wide variable pitch M42 bi-metal blade for increased accuracy & durability
- Electronic variable blade speed 30-80mpm
- Swivel head to 60º using calibrated scale
- Adjustable double ball bearing blade guides
- Cast aluminium base & saw bow frame
- Quiet running, direct drive, variable speed motor
- Operational handle with start trigger switch
- Adjustable length stop for repetition cutting
- Safety magnetic main power switch
- 1.65kW / 2.2hp 240V motor