In The Shed: Professional Sheet Metal Fabrication Book
Whether a hobbyist or experienced professional, you’re sure to find something new in Professional Sheet Metal Fabrication (Order Code: L3455) - a detailed, enthusiast-focused, how-to book and leading resource for sheet metalworkers old and new.
Written by veteran metalworker Ed Barr and published by Motorbooks International as part of the Motorbooks Workshop series, this 304-page, full colour book is for anyone who loves old automobiles and wants to get hands-on, whether patching up a rust hole or constructing an entire fender.
The hardback presents a number of techniques for making and repairing sheet metal components. Its sequence is structured the same way a new student would be introduced to sheet metal restoration:
• Chapter 1 – Getting Started
• Chapter 2 – Special Techniques For Welding Sheet Metal
• Chapter 3 - Brazing, Soldering & Riveting
• Chapter 4 - Cutting Sheet Metal With The Oxyacetylene Torch & Plasma Cutter
• Chapter 5 - Beginning Sheet Metal Shaping
• Chapter 6 - The Small Gas Tank Project
• Chapter 7 - Advanced Sheet Metal Shaping
• Chapter 8 - Building A Fender From Concept To Completion
• Chapter 9 - Making It Beautiful: Straightening, Grinding & Surface Finishing
• Chapter 10 - Building A Custom Pedal Car
• Chapter 11 - Floor-Pans, Rocker Panels & Rear Quarter Panels
• Chapter 12 - Repairing Doors
• Chapter 13 - Repairing Fenders, Hoods & Truck Lids
Get a copy of Professional Sheet Metal Fabrication for your personal collection or as a gift for the automotive aficionado in your life. Purchase yours online today!